From: Mosaic
[mosaic-bounces+ann.davidson=bourbon.kyschools...@literacyworkshop.org] on
behalf of Nicole Power [npo...@bps.k12.ok.us]
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 2:01 PM
To: Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email Group
Subject: [MOSAIC] Fountas&Pinnell LLI

My school does not have a reading intervention program or a leveled reading
library.  We are considering ordering the Blue second grade level of LLI to use
with students who are in third grade and significantly behind in reading. I
would like to hear from those who have experience with this program.

What are the pros and cons?  Did you supplement the program with a more direct
instruction phonics program?  Is the benchmark assessment really a necessary
component or could you get similar information using other assessments of
reading we currently have?

This forum offers great discussion.  I look forward to any info you can share
about LLI and would be happy to receive replies on or off the forum.  Thanks!

Nicole

Nicole Power, M.S., M.Ed.
CCC-SLP/RTI Coordinator
npo...@bps.k12.ok.us