Benjamin D. Smedberg wrote:

Clover wrote:

Brendan Eich wrote:

(Don't let me start out all negative and whiny:) I'm concerned that we could spend too much time trying to find the "ideal" information architecture, but let's not.

I'd suggest making decision based on how many contributors we have. We probably shouldn't consider too much about web developer documentation.

On the contrary, web developer documentation is probably the most important. We're trying to compete with MSDN, and the MSDN DOM references are the model.

MSDN as model applies more to completeness, organization (where good), and style, not necessarily to content. We won't document Windows APIs on DevMo, after all.

As I just posted recently, I continue to think DevMo's emphasis should be on XUL app and extension developers, with other areas (core C++ code, C++ or other XPCOM component writing, web page development, etc.) coming in at lower priority as contributors deem appropriate. DOM docs are good for XUL development, for sure.

But DevMo need not recapitulate the contents of existing, cross-browser web devlopment resource sites, and should not put that cart ahead of the horse.

/be