JTK wrote:

> Tim Wunder wrote:
>
> > Curiosity got the best of me:
> > Win 2KPro Sp1:
> > After browsing the same 20 or so web pages:
> > IE5: 13,032K
> > Moz:    23,934K (before opening the mail client and subscribing to
> > Newsgroups)
> > Moz:    41,234K (after closing the mail client)
> > Moz:    44,572K (after re-opening the mail client, downloading
> > newsgroups and posting this message -- AND growing - now 45,432K)
> >
> > Moz nightly for Win32 from 5/3/01.
> >
> > The mem usage numbers were copied from Windows' Task Manager.
> >

> Well there's your problem right there.  Fortunately, Mr. Markham's GIF
> solution can be applied here as well:  We'll take a screenshot of Task
> Manager, doctor it with Photoshop so that it looks as if Mozilla is
> using a sane amount of memory, and then replace Task Manager with a
> simple program to display the GIF!
>
> > Looks like JTK's got a point, eh?
> >

> I'm at 54,867 K now.  After ~10 minutes.
>
> > Tim

After 10 minutes of heavy surfing, I end up at ~20 megs.  I started out
somewhere around ~15 megs.  My start page is about:

The sites I surfed were table heavy, graphics heavy, script heavy in a
couple of cases, but no Java.  The plugin wasn't running or installed.

So obviously there's other factors besides just Mozilla's mem usage.  Or
did you already know that?

Justin H.
--
"Ask about our layaway plan!"