Patrick Gallagher wrote:

> Peemm wrote:
>
>> Jonas Jørgensen wrote:

>>> Cool friends! ;-)
>>>
>>> Most of the girls I know don't have anything against pornography
>>> either. Phillip C.E.T. Jones' opinions is from a time when men was
>>> considered superior to women.
>>>
>>> /Jonas
>>>

>> Sorry, Jonas, but I have skimmed through all the postings, and even
>> though I no longer believe in Phillip M. Jones' chivalry, I must say
>> that he understands something you and your friend DeMoN LaG don't.
>> Pornography is nothing you get "turned on by". Porn is a substitute
>> for real life. You might as well use heroine. And the producers of
>> porn don't care about your pleasure; they want to get money - YOUR
>> money! This is the offensive part. You are dealing with a kind of
>> robber here - not just a spammer.
>>
>> /P.M.
>>
> Pornography is a part of real life - many couples enjoy watching the
> stuff together, as do some single people... Obviously it's a market
> that's in strong demand, or it wouldn't be the most profitable business
> on the internet - it's also a legal business so long as they follow
> legitimate business practices, and follow guidelines.

Yes, it is part of "real life" if you by this expression mean "our
society", but I meant "happy life" or something similar. I don't think a
happy and content person would show the slightest interest in porn, at
least not at those moments when he or she is really at one with the world.

> Spam - regardless of what it's for - is the disease. You can choose what
> you watch, what you search the internet for (you might end up with porn
> on occasion, but if you're not seeking it, it can be avoided.) and who
> you talk to, but you can't choose what kind of SPAM shows up in your
> favorite newsgroups or your inbox. Doesn't matter whether it's for
> kleenex or penis enlargement or a new flower delivery service, it's all
> equally offensive.
>
> Patrick

Well, do you think spam for flower deliveries is equally offensive as
"teen4play" or "Stacie4play"?! This is like saying that giving a fellow
being some flowers is equally bad as tricking him or her into
"performing" in front of a camera (- yes, people CAN be tricked into
doing things they don't like [mentioned to answer another post in this
thread] -). Now, I don't think you would put it like this, you are
obviously stretching your point that spamming is the sick thing here,
and in this matter I totally agree.

/P.M.