Hello Naoki,

Saturday, October 07, 2000, 1:00:29 PM, you wrote:

NS>   --nspsytune doesn't work correctly if RH extensions are enabled.

I just tried on the version without extensions.  I don't understand
the extra benefit of the nspsytune.  Please explain to me what flaw needed
fixing in the older lame's and how you did it?  I still find the sound
not good, and the file only gets needlessly bigger.

Maybe my standards are too high, but there is (and has been always) a
serious JS problem on the velvet track (http://r3mix.50g.com):

"lame -V1 -b128 -h -ms -q1":
----------------------------
Sounds perfect to my ears. Average bitrate: 225,8

"lame -V1 -b128 -h -mj":
------------------------
rhytmic metallic 'static' noise over the complete length in the R
channel. Average bitrate: 229,4

"lame -V1 -b128 -h -mj -q1":
----------------------------
same rhytmic metallic 'static' noise over the complete length in the R
channel.  file is a bit smaller: Average bitrate: 223,6

"lame -V1 -b128 -h -mj --nspsytune":
a much more disturbing kind of noise: it's alternating and sounds like some
glitches.  over the whole length of the piece and distributed in a
set of 'bursts' of considerable volume. more sad news: Average bitrate: 245,4

On this track, the nspsytune does only have negative influence (imo).  Not
to be destructive or judgemental, but telling my findings is all I can
do.  Hopefully Naoki or someone has use for these.

Respect and best regards,
 Roel                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]