...but they don't necessarily love us.

I called just now for the back room, but if 25 of us show up (and I'm
hoping for more), we're too big for them, they say. PLUS, since I can't
guarantee everyone will drink and eat, they're not willing to set aside
the necessary space. (And I thought the restaurant biz was hurting!!)

The booking person did suggest the Aster Café, over by Riverplace -
beer, wine, no expectation of any purchases, plenty of room to meet. So
there's an option.

But the bottom line is that nominations are open.

Shiela Delaney suggested House of Lalibela Restaurant at 34th and East
Lake Street.  Her case:

"1. The restaurant is gorgeous, white table cloths, great lighting ( a
redeveloped Embers no less!) 2. There are lots of small and large menu
options. Most food is Ethiopian, but there are other options. Price
range: appetizers $5-7, entrees $8-15 3. It is comfortable. 4. There is
a bar where people can smoke. 5. A great alternate to alcohol is
Ethiopian Coffee- I really like it.
6. You can also try Ethiopian Honey Wine- it is amazing."

I'm liking that, but as I said...nominations are open. We have Aster and
Lalibela. Send your reactions to those - and any other options -- to me
directly (not the list!!) and I'll forward a short list back.

Man, this is as tough as getting seven votes to become Council
president!!!

David Brauer
List manager