Mr. Powell,

I don't mean to offend your delicate sensibilities,
but I am not Minnesota Nice.  Please listen closely so
I don't have to say this again.

1. Just because you did not personally see it does not
mean it did not happen.  My son happened to be in the
area, and stayed a respectful distance away and
observed the fray.  My son, a 20 year old
African-American young man, neither smokes, does drugs
or drinks.  He is very respectful, does not LIE and is
the kind of son that makes a mother proud.  His
eyewitness account is consistent with the violence
stated consistently on this list.  I don't even have
to choose whom to believe.  My son, without question.

2. Just because one is sworn to protect our life and
proerty does not mean they do that.  It is not like
police officers are doing VOLUNTEER work, they are
PAID!!!!!  If they cannot do the job in a manner that
does not cause unneccessary pain and/or DEATH to those
that they have sworn to serve and protect, they should
be FIRED!!!!  I do not believe that the people on this
list are all just making this up to make the MPD look
bad.  This type of behavior exhibited by the police
is, unfortunately, a Minneapolis reality.

3. Even if you only saw minor cuts, abrasions and
contusions, my question is this: Was it really
necessary to see ANY?  Did the violence have to take
place at all?

4. IMHO what the good people of Minneapolis want to
see happen is that the LEADER of a MPF GANG (and, yes,
I am calling Chief Olson just that, and that is being
respectful) be dealt with just like any other
so-called menace to society.  There needs to be some
serious reform.

And note, I said A GANG.  I don't believe that the
entire MPF is corrupt, but their is a portion that is.
 They roam the streets, congregate in public places
and harass and harm innocent people.  And they don't
just carry a gun, they carry a gun and a BADGE!  Try
to tell me that that isn't scary to neighborhood
residents!

Pamela Taylor
(A Minneapolis Mom in Tampa)

=== message truncated ===