Central was named for Central High School which once stood at the corner
of 35th and Fourth Av. The playing fields, on the south side of 35th
have morphed into townhomes called Markley Homes, it was formerly
Markley Field. Central High was knocked down and replaced with Richard
Green Central School (K-8), Central Gym (which went with the high school
but was newer) and Green Central Park.
WizardMarks, Central