By Michael's logic, there should be no health department regulations re sanitation in restaurant kitchens, right?

Lenief Heimstead
Stevens Square

From: "Michael Hohmann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Michael Atherton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <mpls@mnforum.org>
Subject: RE: [Mpls] On the smoking ban and Porter's
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 10:18:55 -0600

Congratulations to Michael on his persistence and his logic.

Mike Hohmann
Linden Hills

snip
> I place more value on an individual's right to make their own
> decisions about their lungs/life/health.  Again, no one is
> exposed to secondhand smoke who doesn't make an explicit
> choice to do so.
>
> What people fail to see is that the power and morality that
> allows you to force your decisions on others, allows the
> imposition of any arbitrary decision on you as well.  That is,
> if you and the government decide that X is bad, then you eliminate
> the right of people to make their own decisions.  This really
> drives me crazy, because so many people on this List who hold
> Liberal views are aghast at the push by Evangelical
> Christians to force their values on their fellow Americans,
> yet they have no qualms about using the same governmental
> power to force Liberal values onto others....
snip

> Michael Atherton
> Prospect Park

REMINDERS:
1. Be civil! Please read the NEW RULES at http://www.e-democracy.org/rules. If you think a member is in violation, contact the list manager at [EMAIL PROTECTED] before continuing it on the list.

Minneapolis Issues Forum - A Civil City-focused Civic Discussion - Mn E-Democracy