From: Christopher Warneke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Backing up "Q" files but not the "LOG" files
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 12:26:08 -0800

What I don't understand here, is the purpose of the
replication.  Are we trying to retain backups of the
qmgr's objects, or both the objects and the messages?

If you are only trying to retain copies of the
objects...

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/integration/support/supportpacs/category.html#cat2

MS03: WebSphere MQ - Save Queue Manager object
definitions using PCFs

Otherwise, investigate a mirrored DSAD solution, or;
if you are using AIX, the HACMP supportpac...

MC63: WebSphere MQ for AIX - Implementing with HACMP

Maybe explain what your goal is, that has you trying
this experiment.  I'd like to understand what you are
trying to accomplish.
Thank you,
Chris