On 2016-10-17 13:02, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> Hint: in MSEgui in most cases it is preferable to use TWidgetGrid (tab
> 'Edit')
> and insert the necessary column editwidgets from tab 'Edit' instead of using
> TStringGrid.

I read about TWidgetGrid before, but I don't think that will be the most
efficient solution in this case. The Procedure List dialog triggers
parsing the current unit in the editor window, then populates the
StringGrid with a icon, Procedure name, Type (procedure, function,
constructor, destructor), and lastly the Line number.

As far as I understand with TWidgetGrid, than would mean 4 components
per row, and there can be thousands of rows - depending on how large the
*.pas unit is. That's a lot of component that need to be created and
destroyed (during filtering).

The StringGrid is one widget that simply displays text. Creating and
destroying rows in the grid seems much more efficient than thousands of
individual widgets.