On Monday 17 October 2016 15:14:08 Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 2016-10-17 13:02, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> > Hint: in MSEgui in most cases it is preferable to use TWidgetGrid (tab
> > 'Edit') and insert the necessary column editwidgets from tab 'Edit'
> > instead of using TStringGrid.
> I read about TWidgetGrid before, but I don't think that will be the most
> efficient solution in this case. The Procedure List dialog triggers
> parsing the current unit in the editor window, then populates the
> StringGrid with a icon, Procedure name, Type (procedure, function,
> constructor, destructor), and lastly the Line number.
> As far as I understand with TWidgetGrid, than would mean 4 components
> per row, and there can be thousands of rows - depending on how large the
> *.pas unit is. That's a lot of component that need to be created and
> destroyed (during filtering).
TWidgetGrid has a widget per column not per cell. It is comparable with the
Lazarus cell editor. Every column widget provides a TDataList descendant in
order to store the column data of the given type, integer for TIntegerEdit,
msestring for TStringEdit...
For your fields a TDataIcon, a TStringEdit, a TEnumEdit and a TIntegerEdit
could be used. TStringGrid can not show icons by itself.