Maarten ter Huurne wrote:
:No!
:We're not using a bus; only the next MSX in the ring receives it. If the
:message should travel further, that MSX has to relay it to the next etc.

I now already know that but thanks anyway.

:You can make a protocol that makes sure that every byte travels to every
:computer, but this is not necessary from a hardware point of view.

Yup.

:I bought some cables and plugs today, so I can make a full cable soon.
:Until now I only had the prototype (without ground; shame, shame).

Take a look at my page for all the data to make a cable...
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lab/2328/

:I got a message from Werner Kai, who told me that they made a multiplayer
:game for the F1 Spirit 3D cable. So I looked at the description of that
:cable and... it uses the same connections! (pin 1 to 6, 2 to 7 and 3 to 8)
:Which means that a 2-computer network using the new standard is compatible
:with the F1 Spirit 3D cable. Can someone with 2 MSX2+ machines verify this?

I cannot verify it, but it is most likely that he is correct.
Connecting pins 1-6, 2-7 and 3-8 is the most logical way to do it, why
should you do it different???

There are a few multiplayer-games of MCWF, and they'll probably use this
cable either...

:And what about a name for the new standard? It's much easier to refer to
:when it has a proper name.

You can suggest names 'till the 31th of August at [EMAIL PROTECTED] .
After that, everyone can vote for the suggested names at my page.

:I propose the name "JoyNet", because it uses joystick ports, it's a network
:and it should provide us with a lot of MSX-fun (joy).
:What do you think about this name? Any other name proposals?

JoyCom... the Joystick Communication-standard (The JoyCom standard).