> The first version will just load and play, nothing TSR like.
> So it won't need any memory management and thus run on both DOS1 and
> DOS2.

I think Alex asked the question because the original MB1.4 replayer
source contains IN A,(#FE) commands.

>       -cN chip select: 0 = auto (default)
>                        1 = MSX-Audio
>                        2 = MSX-Music
>                        3 = Both

And what about MoonSound?
I can mail you a MBM replayer that plays on MoonSound too. It sounds
nice, in my opinion, because the MoonSound output is much clearer.

On MoonSound you can also play MWK kits, converted by XADPCM by
Alex Wulms. Maybe you should make this optional for non-turbo-R,
because it takes quite a lot of time.

Hey, maybe it's possible to convert the MWK kit while the song is
already playing. Writing to SRAM is impossible when waves are
playing. But since the FM and wave part of the OPL4 seem to be
separate units and the FM part doesn't need SRAM, maybe it's possible
to write to SRAM when playing only FM instruments.

Bye,
                Maarten