> Hello all,
>
> > > Suggestions for other options:
> > > -fN frequency select: 0 = current (default)
> > >       1 = 50 Hz (PAL)
> > >       2 = 60 Hz (NTSC)
>
> Huh? I missed that mail somehow!

> Right, although the EDIT type isn't very hard to decode.
> I could even do EDIT->USER conversion while loading the file :-P
> But I don't quite see the advantage of being able to force either of
> the two file types. It makes no sense in loading an EDIT file in
> USER mode or vice versa...

Just in case detection  fails... ;-) But you're right. It'll probably fail
always then!

> > > Further: if you make a TSR version, will there be certain
> > > keys to control the music? Things like STOP, PAUSE, FFW, or so...
> > > whatever. In the not-TSR version, will there be ways to stop,
> > > pause, or ffw the music being replayed?
>
> Definitely NOT in the 0.1 version! :-)

Later, I meant.

> > > And if you're really going for it: if amber is started without any
> > > arguments, you should get a little MBM filebrowser, like in VGIF or
> > > BLS or so... :-)
>
> Yeah right. And some spiffy backdrop and 'equalizer' and all that shit
> that blows a simple and useful utility into a bloated M$ proportional
> monster (*grin*)

Eh, the little filebrowser shouldn't be THAT hard/big...

> > Sounds very cool.
>
> Thought so :-) could however be a little bit slow when all possibities
> have to be checked only to find out that there is no samplekit to load...

We can miss a millisecond! ;-)

> Also: maybe later. First things first... (and that means going home now
> and start coding ;-P)

Good point.... If you want to reread that message you missed, try to check it
in the newsgroup on msxnet: news.msxnet.org as news-server (news-host), and
there is one group there: local.msx.int, you can't miss it...

But if you cannot, I can resend you the message if you like.

Grtjs, Manuel ((m)ICQ UIN 41947405)

PS: MSX 4 EVER! (Questions? See: http://www.faq.msxnet.org/)
PPS: Visit my homepage at http://www.sci.kun.nl/marie/home/manuelbi/