Pierre Gielen schreef:

> I have replaced the backup battery in my NMS8255 last week. Originally, it
> was a 3.6V/46mA battery that was not available at my local electronics shop,
> so I put in a 3.6V/90mA type that was slightly bigger. That was not a
> problem since there's enough room on the PCB.
>
> Now screen settings, date and time are saved again, but the clock is not
> running! After installing the new battery, I have set the correct date and
> time. Since then, if I should believe the computer, not a second has passed.
> This is weird. What could be wrong?
>
> Pierre

are u sure it's a 3.6 V battery and not a 2.4 V battery.
This problem also occurs when one of the 3 cells is defective
(a 3.6V battery is made of 3 X 1.2V )

if that's not the problem your Xtal may be damaged.
maybe you hit it when replacing the battery.
it's a small 1 cm long 2 mm thick metal tube like object
and it's located near the battery.

Erik de Boer