(problem: real time clock in NMS8255 is not running)

> are u sure it's a 3.6 V battery and not a 2.4 V battery.
> This problem also occurs when one of the 3 cells is defective
> (a 3.6V battery is made of 3 X 1.2V )

I've measured 3.0 V  when the computer is off and 3.5 V when power is on.
Maybe the battery is not fully charged yet, but it does rememeber all
settings. After disconnecting the battery and switching the power on, the
clock doesn't work either so I assume this is not the problem.

> if that's not the problem your Xtal may be damaged.
> maybe you hit it when replacing the battery.

Not likely, but I can give it a try. Only problem is that I can't read the
part number or frequency on it. Can you tell me what it should be?

BTW, is there anywhere I could find a circuit diagram of the NMS-8255? Just
for testing. I'd hate to buy another one because this computer is tuned up
with 7MHz and 1MB of user ram.

Pierre