> What do YOU think, should a new MSX be developed? Will it have a
> chance in the market that's dominated by PC's and 64 bit game
> consoles? Or will it create it's own market?
------------------------------
Well, as everyone of you know, the Msx-scene is the cwlest scene you can
imagine..;)  It's the only scene where 'normal' people still can create
demo's/games/
magazines etc. with getting respect for it..
If you want to make demo's/games for pc or something, you have to be very
good and you've got to use profesional hardware to get some respect, and
even to get noticed..

So I think a lot of people are looking for a new hobby/home computer
especially made for the demoscene. A demo scene like we've got... the
current msx scene, with our clubday's, fairs etc. A scene where people are
interested in what you are doing.

Now you think, well, why is the current msx-scene so small then??
I think most of the msx'ers have had enough of the current msxes..
They think It was fun to work with, but it's to slow for this time..
(I know ex-msx'ers who will return to msx, if it just was a little bit
faster/better)

My opinion is:
A new msx must be developped.
It must be a real home/hobby computer so there will be a marked for in
the demo/hobby scene..

Then there will be 3 sorts of computers:

-Pc's -> for professional use (companies, textediting, spreadsheats etc.)
-Gameconsoles -> for gamefanatics, children etc.
-Msx (homecomputers) -> to use for fun, hobby.. and to create your own
products..

And I think Ascii will use Msx, since they already have the copyrights
(most of them)
and there already is a msx-demoscene

That's my opinion,
please correct me if you think I'm wrong.

Grz,
Chaos^TwZ