Eric Boon wrote:
I really don't see the harm in someone suggesting that two other someones, who share an interest, contact each other in order see if they can combine their efforts.

That's not what happened here...

First of all it's not an isolated incident. It's always the same people doing the 'suggestions' and always the same (two) sites that would 'benefit'.

Second, this is a hobby, and people like to (re)invent their OWN wheels. Expecting someone to give up the part that makes it fun (in this case, actually coding the site), by suggesting to add the idea to an already existing site, is a big mistake in a community.

If you do, then I suggest you learn about communities, co-operation, synergy and putting things in perspective.

If you actually read about those topics, I suggest you reread because I think you misunderstood some of it. Like, you seem to have 'community' and 'communism' mixed up.

> Forgetting about conspiracies and witch hunts
wouldn't hurt either...

How can one forget that which continues daily?

For my own good I probably shouldn't have said anything, but I refuse to stay quiet when the usual suspects yet again try to take away someone's fun and ambition like this.

In a software project, nobody typically suggests an author for say a new music editor, to contact another editor's author in order to 'synergise' their ideas. This is why we have multitude of music editors on MSX, which is a good thing.

So what's different for a website? It's just another piece of software!

Patriek