Andy,
FYI besides the KMethod, DePoli/Borin/Sarti et alias always in the 1990s also
formulated the W-method which was the dual of KMethod but using the wave
digital filter theory by Fettweis.
AFAIK is not so easily used because of the increased complexity of
nonlinearities adaptors involved (you have shear AND rotation transformations).
To me KMethod is much more attractive and it is the be biggest step forward in
the last 2 decades to approaching non linear simulation, especially regarding
it's robust formalism and elegant math in it.
Moreover using KCL/KVL is naturally  straightforward when dealing with analog
schematics.
Using tables seems attractive but for MIMO systems (with order greater than 2)
it is not feasible (memory and finding algorithms are an issue). Unfortunately
if you have a timevarying element (i.e. a potentiometer) you have to invert a
matrix (H), which is good only at control rate, not audio rate.
Pls note that when modeling a tone stack, the KMethod degenerates in the
state-space classic approach, which is equivalent to yours (C=F=0).
I consider Yeh's work very good since the first time I read it years ago. I
personally don’t think that automatic systems (DK) will be the panacea of
nonlinear modeling (even if everybody here is dreaming of a realtime spice).
Very often only a human can see patterns in circuits and find shortcuts to
simplify things. Moreover there are so many other dicretization schemes to be
investigated (multistep).
IMHO the very "big leap ahead" was the KMethod formalism/theory by
Borin/DePoli, an extension of StateSpace one,  and I guess that in the future
we will see more papers to come, even if I admit that lately the computer music
group of University of Padova has been changing their research targets.

Regards,
Marco