Hi Andrew/Dominque,
The DK-Method is a systematic way to implement on automatic systems the much
more breathru approach called KMethod, who was (how fun) discovered by my
professor in the late 1990s.
I cant either tell the all the story (it would require a lot of time because
it's a well defined and robust theory analogous to the state space one), but
if you look at Yeh's work you can have an idea. The (D)KMethod is a
generalization/extension of the state space ABCD approach to analog systems.
Vadim's and Andrew are basically the same thing and the inversion is hidden
in the calculation of the coeffs and also takes benefit of the order 2 size
of matrix A (which is very simple to invert). What I want to point out is
that it is an intrinsic state space matrix formulation where time variance
of the system demands a matrix inversion either at audio or control rate,
almost the same how you convert on Matlab via bilinear() the analog ABCD
matrix in the equivalent digital one (via bilinear).
Beware that using statespace for timevarying systems is better but not the
best. In ANY system of course you preserve the values of the state variables
(which is good compared to TF) but that doesn’t mean that you wont have
artifacts or transients at all.
There is also a lot of good work made by the finnish guys (Valimaki et al)
about the usage of the so called "transient suppressors".

Without telling too much (sorry I cant :) ) if I have time I will show the
similarity and the matrix inversion problem analyzing the SVF via a
statespace approach similar to Andrew's. I am unfortunately fully loaded of
work, but as I get some free time I will try to publish a pdf.

My 0.02EUR >;-)

Marco