Telsa Gwynne [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 10, 2000 at 04:22:24PM -0500 or thereabouts, Jean-Sebastien Morisset
>wrote:
> > Ok, maybe this is a stupid one, but I didn't find it mentioned in any of the
> > docs, so...
>
> I must admit that I when I started with mutt, I was stuck on this
> for a few weeks and was too embarrassed to ask on the list, thinking
> it must be in the docs somewhere and everyone would laugh at me :)
>
> Someone else asked me this yesterday, oddly enough.

I don't really think it's a stupid question, but for the record, it *is* in
the manual:

  4.7.  Mailbox Shortcuts

  There are a number of built in shortcuts which refer to specific
  mailboxes.  These shortcuts can be used anywhere you are prompted for
  a file or mailbox path.

  ·  ! -- refers to your ``$spool'' (incoming) mailbox
  ·  > -- refers to your ``$mbox'' file
  ·  < -- refers to your ``$record'' file
  ·  - -- refers to the file you've last visited
  ·  ~ -- refers to your home directory
  ·  = or + -- refers to your ``$folder'' directory
  ·  @alias -- refers to the ``default save folder'' as determined by
     the address of the alias

--
Jeremy Blosser   |   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |   http://jblosser.firinn.org/