Hi, folks --

...and then [EMAIL PROTECTED] said...
%
% I just did  ln -s /var/spool/mail/staeci /home/staeci/Mail/incoming

I was even lazier and linked =! to point to my spoolfile.  But I had a
different reason...

There are times when I want to Fcc a message in my spool file, a sort of
catch-all for stuff until I figure out whether I'll be talking back and
forth with this address enough to give it its own mailbox (since I only
have a jillion already and I don't need a bunch of little ones with one
or two messages hanging around, too!) or can just can the email (hard to
believe, for me, but I sometimes do :-)

Other suggestions have included adding myself to the Bcc: header, but
that's not only a PITA but doesn't make sense; if I want a Bcc to be
mailed out and sent back to me, then I'll add myself, but that has
nothing to do with the Fcc since the items are not the same (one is the
message as composed, and the other is the message as delivered, with
additional headers).

Linking =! to my spoolfile works for me, and is pretty convenient; in a
case as above I just add the simple

  Fcc: =!

header and then start my note.  But I'd save a keystroke if I could truly
set it to '!' and it wouldn't be the obvious kludge it is to boot.

So, I ask once again, could ! please be defined as a shortcut (just like
the folder shortcut '=' is) everywhere, including in the compose and
headers menus?

:-D
--
David T-G                       * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie

PGP signature