On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 02:17:02AM +0000, Telsa Gwynne wrote:
-> On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 03:48:12AM +0200 or thereabouts, Mikko Hänninen wrote:
-> > Jeremy Blosser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Tue, 11 Jan 2000:
-> [summarised what I meant properly :)]
-> > > It makes a lot of sense once you see how it works, but can be confusing at
-> > > first.
-> >
-> > This made me think of something I've been wondering, related to the
-> > default prompts but mostly for saving emails and attachements and
-> > such, not changing folders.
-> >
-> > If I want to *add* something to the default prompt that
-> > Mutt gives, how do I do that?  For example, say if I'm at a mail
-> > message and press s for save, I get the default value of =folder.
-> > Now, I want to save the message to a folder called =folder-foo.
-> > How do I do this without having to type in "=folder-foo"?
->
-> To save something? Same as changing folder when you have
-> =folder, =folder-foo, =folder-fod and =folder-fot.
->
-> I hit "=f" then the tab key and get a prompt of "=folder". Then
-> I either
->      hit "-f" and get "=folder-foo" as a prompt if that was
->     sufficiently unique. Then I hit return and it gets saved.
-> or
->      hit tab again, and get something like the file browser,
->     only it restricts its list to =folder-fod, =folder-foo and
->     =folder-fot. With numbers next to them. Either I hit the
->     number or I move my cursor to the correct one and hit return
->     to save it. Hitting "q" (in my settings, the default I believe)
->     gets you out of that.
->
-> I discovered this because every month or so I have a fit with
-> tagging ~A and moving everything in =sent to =sent-YYMM and
-> everything in =received to =received-YYMM and one day I was
-> in bash-mode in my head and hit tab again to list the options.
-> And it worked :) Yea, and I didn't need the manual or the
-> list for once!
->
-> Telsa

I have found by accident and experimentation that a lot of Emacs
keystrokes work in Mutt. For example, to solve Jeremy's problem, above, I
tried control-e (got to the end of the line), and then start appending to
the proposed folder name. It worked.

Telsa, your BASH experience worked here because BASH also uses many Emacs
keystrokes. Unless you set the vi option: "set -o vi".

--

                -- C^2

No windows were crashed in the making of this email.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley