On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 03:48:12AM +0200 or thereabouts, Mikko Hänninen wrote:
> Jeremy Blosser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Tue, 11 Jan 2000:
[summarised what I meant properly :)]
> > It makes a lot of sense once you see how it works, but can be confusing at
> > first.
>
> This made me think of something I've been wondering, related to the
> default prompts but mostly for saving emails and attachements and
> such, not changing folders.
>
> If I want to *add* something to the default prompt that
> Mutt gives, how do I do that?  For example, say if I'm at a mail
> message and press s for save, I get the default value of =folder.
> Now, I want to save the message to a folder called =folder-foo.
> How do I do this without having to type in "=folder-foo"?

To save something? Same as changing folder when you have
=folder, =folder-foo, =folder-fod and =folder-fot.

I hit "=f" then the tab key and get a prompt of "=folder". Then
I either
        hit "-f" and get "=folder-foo" as a prompt if that was
    sufficiently unique. Then I hit return and it gets saved.
or
        hit tab again, and get something like the file browser,
    only it restricts its list to =folder-fod, =folder-foo and
    =folder-fot. With numbers next to them. Either I hit the
    number or I move my cursor to the correct one and hit return
    to save it. Hitting "q" (in my settings, the default I believe)
    gets you out of that.

I discovered this because every month or so I have a fit with
tagging ~A and moving everything in =sent to =sent-YYMM and
everything in =received to =received-YYMM and one day I was
in bash-mode in my head and hit tab again to list the options.
And it worked :) Yea, and I didn't need the manual or the
list for once!

Telsa