On Fri, Jun 30, 2000 at 04:01:47PM +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> >Why don't you post each FAQ to the list as each one is done (all in
> >one thread) so that people can suggest changes, as well as track it's
> >development?

[...]
>    The original author of Mutt was Michael Elkins.

(I think ME still *is* the original author.)

[...]
>    One of these tweaks is setting your outbound address, ie the one that
>    will show up in the From: line. For example, I have a linux box called
>    whack.spammers.cluestick.org, but my address is [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>    I don't want to send out mails as [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>    - I wouldn't even get a single reply, and anyone trying to mail me at
>    this very entertaining address would get a bounce. So, I have to tell
>    mutt that my address is actually [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>    The line in my muttrc then would read like this:
>
>         my_hdr From: Suresh Ramasubramanian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

This won't fix your (I mean, the user's) envelope address.  I suggest
mentioning $envelope_from at this point, or bounces and error messages
won't reach you (and some SMTP servers won't accept non-existing domain
names in the envelope -- which is often the case for dialup users).

Marius Gedminas
--
C is a language that combines all the elegance and power of assembly language
with all the readability and maintainability of assembly language.