Marc --

...and then Marc van Dongen said...
% David T-G ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
%
% : It may be correct, but it isn't stock :-)  Try settin $shell to /sbin/sh,
% : which is guaranteed to be completely self-contained.  If *that* works,
%
% I am assuming you are asking me to write a wrapper script around
% mutt to set the shell. That didn't work.

Nope, that wasn't it.

%
% Now I am assuming you are asking me put a shell= line in my .muttrc.
% That didn't work either.

Yep, that was what I meant.  Did you try a simple

  :set shell=/sbin/sh

from within mutt?  Did you try

  :set ?shell

to see what mutt thinks $shell is holding?

%
% : then try using /bin/sh to see if your shared libs are all healthy.
% : If *that* works, then it's all bash's fault.
%
% That didn't work for the wrapper nor for the shell= variant.

How interesting...  With a valid $shell setting you can't even

  !ls

manually, eh?  Still more thinking on my part :-)

%
% : Note that I don't want to start a shell war; in fact, as much as I
% : hate to admit it, I think I'm becoming a bash convert because of ksh
% : limitations :-)
%
% Good lad!

*grin*

%
% Thanks again.

HTH & HAND

%
% Regards,
%
%
% Marc van Dongen

:-D
--
David T-G                       * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie

PGP signature