Quoting Will Yardley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [Mar 07, 2002 01:16]:
> i was thinking about this in the car tonight, and i realized
> that (AFAIK) there isn't a simple interactive command line
> program to help new users adjust to / configure mutt.

Like many others have mentioned, I am also interested in this,
not so much because I would use it myself, but because I've
introduced many people to mutt, and without fail, I end up
spending a several hours explaining hooks, and colors, and all
the various configuration options.  Plus, I would have liked
something like this when I started using mutt; I had to piece my
config together by reading hundreds of other configs from all
over the Net (and a huge thanks to everyone who makes their
configs publicly available, by the way!).

I know a lot of perl (I'm a perl programmer by trade, in fact),
and a good amount of bash, and would be willing to help where I
could, but, like everyone else so far, I have limited time
(perhaps 2-4 hours per week).  I would be interested in helping
out with the implementation, if there were others willing to help
handle the design and scope out the goals we were trying to
reach.  Someone mentioned making the script able to read and use
custom configuration modules, so that different people could
maintain the parts for Pine compatibility and the like; I think
this is a wonderful idea.

The easiest thing that I can think of would be to make this a
part of the mutt-newbie project on sourceforge; I am a registered
Sf user (see my email address), and would be willing to attach
myself to this project.  Also, someone mentioned earlier in the
thread that they could provide CVS space and mailing list support.

In other words, count me in.

(darren)

--
The rebootings will continue until the configuration works.