Rob --

...and then Feztaa said...
%
% Alas! Will Yardley spake thus:
% > Rob 'Feztaa' Park wrote:
% > > I don't use ps. Or any replacements.
% >
% > why ever not?
%
% Because I don't really know what it is, what it does, or why I'd ever
% want to use it.

ps is "process status" or something like that, and it shows you what's
going on in your system.  Think "top" without all of the overhead of top.
It's really quite handy, especially if you ever want to kill a job.

%
% --
% Rob 'Feztaa' Park
% [EMAIL PROTECTED]
% --
% While your friend holds you affectionately by both your hands you are
% safe, for you can watch both of his.
%               -- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"

HTH & HAND

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]