On 08Sep2019 11:18, Marcelo Laia <marcelol...@gmail.com> wrote:
However, some messages have html and a single and sort alternate text plain said "your mailreader don't support html message". in this case, I need to hint
"v" and select alternate html and hint enter to read the message.

Yes, I get this rubbish all the time.

There are some alternative to tell mutt to read first text plain only if it is
the full message? Ignoring text plain messages if it is short like "your
mailreader don't support html message"?

Not really. How is mutt to determine this? (If you figure out a way to test this I'd be interested to hear it; then we could use that test).

I address this problem by keeping a list of the offending message authors and sources:

 ############################
 # alternative-order criteria
 message-hook . 'unalternative_order *; alternative_order text/plain text/html'
 # Apple Mail embeds attachments in the HTML part instead of outside the
multipart/mixed
 message-hook '~h "X-Mailer: Apple Mail" ~X 1-' 'unalternative_order *;
alternative_order text/html multipart/mixed text/plain'
 # senders who can't seem to master multipart/mixed, and send empty
 # or useless text/plain sections
 # or just badly badly formatted plain text, such as live.com etc
 message-hook '%f htmlers | ~f @no-re...@cc.yahoo-inc.com | ~f @outlook.com |
~f live.com | ~f @facebookmail.com' 'unalternative_order *; alternative_order
text/html text/plain'

These rules rule for each message coutesy of "message-hook". In order:

 Scrub thhe alternative_order and set it to prefer text/plain.

For Apple mail with attachments, prefer the HTML because it seems to put some attachments in only the html half of the multipart/mixed.

For authors in the "htmlers" group and authors from a list of known incompetent domains (courtesy of their rubbish web mail systems), prefer the html because the plain is useless.

And I just add people to the "htmlers" group as they are discovered.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <c...@cskk.id.au>