Hi Dwight. I was gone all weekend but finally got a (brief) chance to read
through your reply.

In short, I really don't know how modification times effect things, other
than I'm pretty sure both platforms use them for conflict resolution. I do
believe that any time a task is marked as modified it will get synced,
irrelevant of how old the time is.

But I've not seen a case where a parent is marked as modified based on a
child attribute change, unless the automatic sync is triggered -- but that
doesn't mean it won't happen.

You know, I've been thinking about how several of us have suggested a new
feature for the desktop where different actions can be triggered based on
different criteria.  I'm now thinking the sync architecture would have to
be improved before this feature could be implemented, since it would really
bring existing problems to the fore.

Lisa

--
Lisa