My D and S contexts take care of the energy aspect. Deep, creative work always
requires energy, and my success there would determine whether I felt energized
or not. Shallow work usually adds energy because I’m accomplishing things and
building up moment with relatively little effort.

It’s your setup, but I’d be wary of having contexts for archive, do someday,
and do soon. If you’re regularly reviewing your tasks, everything that’s tagged
to be done at all is a someday. If something needs done by a certain date you
can put that on it, and if not, it really is just whenever you can get to it.
Things change as you work, so I’ve found no value in trying to make time
commitments like that. And if something is on a list to be done at all, you
should be committed to doing it when you can. If you’re not, it just shouldn’t
be on that list. At least for me. I’ve actually taken a great deal of things
out of MLO to that effect, like movies I’d like to see or books I’d like, or
things I’d like to write or do.

It would depend on the nature of your work, but if I have my iPad Pro with me,
I can do 90% of what I’d need to do for work, whether it involved writing,
designing, drawing, correspondence, or otherwise. I also work from home, so I
don’t need a separate context for that. If I didn’t, I’d just put those tasks
in a “Home” folder to ease the management of them. If I’m out, I’m either
working, running an errand, working out, or doing something for leisure, so I
wouldn’t need to distinguish what I could do there because I’m actively in the
act of doing something. All errands for me consist of buying something, so it’s
all on a grocery list.

My folders largely look like the following:

Inbox
Career
-Client
—Specific Client folders
——Different projects for each client as relevant
-Larger Project I work on folder
-Leads
-Sales
Relationships
-Friends
-Family
-Dating
-Networking
-Elly (my dog)
HAF (Stands for Health and Fitness, don’t feel like typing it out each time to
parse things there)
-Various folders related to that
Finances
Learning
-Different folders or projects for learning initiatives, etc, but no itemized
lists of books or research, that’s all elsewhere, if anywhere
-Self-improvement stuff is here too
-Things I regularly do to stay in practice, mostly drawing, design, writing,
and related things
Chores
-Admin Work, including things meant to remind me to review MLO
-Upkeep (things around my place to do, like cleaning, etc)
Fun
-Exclusively things I’m planning on doing reasonably soon, usually non
specific, like ‘see a movie’ or ‘play games’. I find I don’t like committing to
specifics on things like this, but do better categorically, and it saves me the
trouble of making needlessly numerous entries for relatively mundane things
Grocery List
Reminders
-Things that won’t fit elsewhere and I exclusively want to act more or less
like a Tickler to pop up in the starred view on a particular date
BS
-I throw things in here sometimes if I can’t bring myself to delete them yet.
This often includes entire MLO databases worth of tasks, sample hierarchies or
things I was experimenting in, project plans, etc.

That’s pretty much it. Sometimes I’ll have a top level ‘templates’ folder, but
I’ve found it’s usually easier to have subfolders in an area with templates
because that will usually be where I’m going to place them eventually anyway. I
sometimes have ‘waiting for’ subfolders, but I try not to as I’m not really
waiting for very much at all. If I’ve been paid already and someone’s supposed
to get back to me, that’s on them, not me, and I don’t want it sullying my
attention in the meantime. Some subfolders might be along the lines of ‘Maybe’
or ‘Hold’ and are turned off in todo lists. Some might also be for notes, but I
tend to keep relevant info in MLO on the task reminders to do them, and
extended info outside of it. This may change with Markdown support having been
added, however. Also sometimes have a top level Waiting folder, but I wait on
so few things that it tends not to last.

I’ve had a personal folder in the past, but really, there’s work commitments to
others I might want to focus on, and there’s everything else, so there was
little point in foldering all of that together.

Yes, I only have 3 contexts, D, S, and W. 4 if you count the Star, which is
kind of the super context for things I want to do that day or be aware of that
day. Folders sometimes change, but it’s always basically something like that.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/2b8e0895-9ea5-4e9c-bd8f-781935d056e1%40googlegroups.com.