On 2/7/03 2:20 AM, "Vikram Vaswani" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> My name is Vikram Vaswani, and I'm currently working on the outline for a
> MySQL reference book. This is supposed to be a comprehensive reference to
> MySQL 4, covering all aspects of the software, including the new
> transaction/subquery features.
>
> I have put together a draft table of contents (TOC), but am a little
> hesitant about some aspects of it. I have a nagging feeling that I'm
> missing out on a lot of things here, and also that it might bs structured
> better. Specifically, I was hoping that this list would help me in
> evaluating the structure and content of Section 2 below.
>
> Since I'm not that experienced with MySQL, I thought I'd open this up to
> the list and see if you guys could help me figure out what's bugging me :)
> I'd appreciate as much feedback as possible, since my aim here is to
> produce something that would hopefully be useful to you in your usage of
> MySQL (and also stand out from the crowd of other MySQL books in the market)
>
> Thanks! I look forward to hearing back.
>
> Vikram Vaswani

Maybe you come a little bit late: First there is an excellent manual out
(referenced in every list message footer - and now even in print) and on top
of that we already have the great books from Paul DeBois.
<http://www.kitebird.com/>
<http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/index.html>
I would strongly recommend that you check out both sources before you start
writing. It might well be that topics such as subselects and other advanced
features  are not as well covered since they will be introduced in V 4.1 but
still there is plenty of general SQL books out here already.

But in any case I am as a single person don't define the market anyway thus
lets hear what others have to say. You certainly came to the right place to
find out.

Best/h