my 2 cents:

SQL in the "What is SQL?" phrase threw me... I thought
you were talking about MS SQL..

If I were you, I would explain relational databases
and normalization (at list to normal form III).

Usage?? well whoever goes to buy your book, must have
some ideas in head for the usage.. I don't think you
should waste trees on telling people things that don't
help them.

One Question: What makes this book different from the
MySQL manual?

Another Question: Who is your intended audience?

A suggestion: Think of substantial examples....

How about performance? and Performance tuning?

Good luck