Hi Shane,
happy birthday! Adam is right, a few variables and you will see that the
code shrinks to 10 lines or so.
I started exactly the same, but on a PC: I simulated some progress bars
with sleep commands and explicit line positions, just like you with the
tubes. I was thrilled when I found out about the variables and then it
was possible to input the progress bar positions via keyboard etc...
Subroutines (SUBs) then allowed me to place multiple progress bars on
the screen by just adding one line to the code. Magic. A senseless piece
of program, of course, but it was fun and I learned a lot. So Adam is
right again, you are on a good way.
It might also be a good idea to start out with writing some BASIC
programs on your PC to understand the way of programming better. I
started with QuickBASIC, and I still like it.
Best regards,
Jens
Am 26.07.2011 21:32, schrieb Adam Jacobs:
yep, you're right, you need to learn about subroutines. Basically, you
need:
1) a main loop
2) a subroutine that increments the time (time is kept in a variable
[or a few variables, if you like])
3) a subroutine that displays the time (that it found in the time
variable)
This is all part of the learning process. You're doing great, but I
would definitely work on the software before adding an eeprom.
-Adam
On 7/26/2011 12:20 PM, Shane Ellis wrote:
Here is my basic BASIC code. I haven't added the "seconds" yet, nor
a way to set the minutes. I was going to start this breadboarded
clock at "ten o'clock" and let it run for a while, then get into the
settings code later on, after I know my timing coding is good.
I'm assuming the "gosub" commands will help me save a lot of "white
space" and memory, I just wanted to get these four tubes going, to
keep my spirits up, and keep me motivated :)
code is as follows:
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"neonixie-l" group.
To post to this group, send an email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/neonixie-l?hl=en-GB.