As you can see, no shortage of confusing answers and opinions. I thought
science long ago abandoned the opinion or Socrates approach: -if one reasons
long enough, the truth will reveal itself- long ago in favor of the empirical
options. David Forbes is correct that the nixie behaves more like a zener, and
cold cathode tubes (what a nixie essentially is) were often used as voltage
stabilizers in the old tube era for exactly that property.

I am somewhat at a loss to what you are trying to accomplish. The voltage value
you are looking for varies, and at best you may establish a range for your
tubes. It may vary from 70 up to as much as 100V. If you are looking for a
transistor to use, I'd recommend the MPSA42 for low side switch, and an MPSA92
for the high side if you wish to implement tube blanking. They are cheap,
plentiful, and available in through hole as well as SMD. They have never failed
me on any nixie tube so far. Check E-Pay for pricing if you are not in a rush.

Hope that helps

Bill