On Wednesday, August 30, 2017 at 1:16:19 AM UTC+1, Edward Van Belkom wrote:

> Well it took 7.5 hours but I got the kit assembled. I spent some time
> cleaning the flux off after soldering 3-6 components and seemed to work
> well. When I was all done I spent another half an hour cleaning the board
> with alcohol again to get ride of some streaks still left behind.

Great job so far, Edward.  Liking your work area.
When you have your tubes it will be a thing of beauty!

Pete's instructions are very clear and easy to follow to get a good result
at the end.
The IPA and toothbrush method is the one I prefer as IPA is readily
available and gives a good result compared to Acetone which I find too
aggressive as it can attack the solder mask. I worked in the PCB
manufacturing industry for 10 years and we had probably one of the most
dangerous to health solvents for stripping solder mask from reject boards,
1,1,1-Trichloroethane. I don't miss that smell at all!