I was thinking thermal-cycling; if they were stored in a garage or attic 
for 30 years where temperature is unregulated, it could cause a lot of 
thermal cycles. Imagine if there was something like a clothes-dryer, 
furnace, or water-heater nearby; they would cause a lot of thermal cycles 
over 30 years. These are large tubes, so they will be more vulnerable than 
smaller tubes.

Next on my list would be vibration; if the tubes rattled inside their box, 
or against eachother, it could weaken them.

I dont know of any house-hold chemical that would attack the glass itself; 
Hydrofluoric acid is the only substance I know of that etches glass.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"neonixie-l" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web, visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/24e6e550-9f6e-480f-9f5f-b025d089ce46%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to