That is sheer negligence in the case of GSP to pack it in such a way that
damage could happen. Glad to see you got the matter resolved and good luck
in finding someone to restore the damage to such a nice radio.

I ship clocks via TNT fully insured delivery and, touch wood, have not had
any damage occur to them, mind you I err on the safety side in packing them
up with a foam sheeting box inside the box and then stuffed full of bubble
wrap and apply fragile tape everywhere all over the box and handle with
care, glass parts inside.