Although UV erasers were before my time, I grew up as a kid with a C64, and
although it's not a 6502/10 project, I decided at one point much later in
life to build a N8VEM Z80 based computer which strove to use mostly
components from the original timeframe of the 8 bit era.  Anyways, I
actually ended up buying a cheap UV eraser on fleaBay to use on the EPROM.
 While I really enjoyed the overall build, I don't miss having to use that
to erase a chip!  Later variations on the project which I also built used
an easily flashable ROM thank god.  What was perhaps slightly lost in
authenticity was made up for in convenience .

This was the project for those interested:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N8VEM

I've also played around with these more recently for fun, although I would
still like to build a 6502/10 from scratch based on my own design to honor
my C64 roots.  I still miss my Amiga also, but now I'm just getting
sentimental...

https://rc2014.co.uk/