I didn't think these chips were still made ! I used one back in the early 
90's, so details are a bit fuzzy. Digikey carries them, and they they don't 
cost much. Even in ones-n-two-zees:

ISD Chips 
<https://www.digikey.com/products/en/integrated-circuits-ics/interface-voice-record-and-playback/733?FV=ffec2cde%2Cffe002dd%2C142c009b%2C142c027e%2C142c0333&quantity=0&ColumnSort=1000011&page=1&stock=1&k=chipcorder&pageSize=25&pkeyword=chipcorder>

When I used them, it was for both recording an playback, without needing a 
uC. There use to be cheap SS dictating machines built around them, back 
then. They've expanded their product line. Maybe I can revisit my old 
"talking clock"

I designed one, even further back around a TI speech chip. That chip was 
not in any TI databook, but since I always took this one distributor 
salesman to the local strip joint (I worked in Hollywood at the time), he 
made me aware of the chip. I managed to get all data from a local TI sales 
office in rough form. Definitely no slick datasheet nor app notes. But they 
had a lot of chips. Most likely a custom, that a big client defaulted on. 
Worked out well. Distributor stocked the chips, and my company bought them 
as needed.  

On Friday, September 28, 2018 at 2:44:10 PM UTC-7, Paul Andrews wrote:
>
>
> I've been thinking about adding limited audio to my designs. Things like 
> audio effects, chimes, alarms etc. Ideally I would like something that I 
> can control using I2C, because my basic design uses I2C for various 
> expansion modules, though I could use a GPIO/I2C expansion module as an 
> intermediary.
>
> I came across these devices: 
> http://www.nuvoton.com/hq/products/isd-voice-ics/isd-chipcorder-family , 
> the ISD2130 in particluar looks like it might fit the bill. The great thing 
> about them is that they are apparently a one-chip solution. Does anyone 
> have any experience of using them, or suggestions for alternatives - 
> doesn't need to be one-chip.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"neonixie-l" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web, visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/0eb19162-bddc-4b49-961e-cad8af32fe81%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to