The story I remember on these (from quite some time ago) was that they were 
based on memory chips that had faults; The faults (in 8 bit or whatever audio) 
don't make a big difference (they could filter the POP's out I'd think) so 
they're CHEAP and this is a pretty good solution. They make these into those 
"singing Christmas Cards", or Birthday cards etc. - Those at a Dollar Store are 
a cheap source of the ICs if they ever get rare. (Which I doubt will happen.)

  Mark

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"neonixie-l" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web, visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/1269109970.1202939.1538206658368%40mail.yahoo.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to