Silicon Chip Magazine in Australia just published a very interesting and small
modular design using a PIC32 which may suit your application. You can view a
preview of their article here <http://www.siliconchip.com.au/Series/325> .

Hope it helps with your design J

From: neonixie-l@googlegroups.com [mailto:neonixie-l@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Paul Andrews
Sent: Saturday, 29 September 2018 7:44 AM
To: neonixie-l
Subject: [neonixie-l] Adding audio clips to a clock...

I've been thinking about adding limited audio to my designs. Things like audio
effects, chimes, alarms etc. Ideally I would like something that I can control
using I2C, because my basic design uses I2C for various expansion modules,
though I could use a GPIO/I2C expansion module as an intermediary.

I came across these devices:
http://www.nuvoton.com/hq/products/isd-voice-ics/isd-chipcorder-family , the
ISD2130 in particluar looks like it might fit the bill. The great thing about
them is that they are apparently a one-chip solution. Does anyone have any
experience of using them, or suggestions for alternatives - doesn't need to be
one-chip.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/5288a1d9-fed3-4fbe-b6b5-96d01484af76%40googlegroups.com

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/5288a1d9-fed3-4fbe-b6b5-96d01484af76%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
 .