Selling electronics seems to be very complex in the EU. Even for small
series you apparently need the CE certificate... and many other paperwork.
You even have to register and pay for future recycling. And I think is
better to have a good insurance because of the “product liability”.
Selling kits seems to be a little bit easier. Anyway, I have decided to
never ever sell any self-designed/self-made electronics.

If someone is interested, google for "auf dem Weg zum eigenen Produkt",
there is a very informative drawing from the German “Make”, if you click on
the icons you get a more detailed explanation ... if you understand German
:-)