On 22 December 2010 16:13, Robert Story <rst...@freesnmp.com> wrote:
> DS> >  - 5.6.1 (now in rc1)
> DS>
> DS> Hmm....   this isn't really a show-stopper, so strictly speaking
> DS> shouldn't be applied.
>
> I dunno... I think broken AgentX processing is a pretty big deal.

But remember the definition of "show stopper"
  * A condition that results in a security vulnerability.
  * A condition such that a default "configure; make; make install" fails
  * A condition such that "make test" fails

Unless I've missed something, the effects of this particular problem
don't match any of these three cases.  (I believe it results in wrong
or missing information - though I haven't been paying much attention
to the lists recently!)

Maybe we need to review our definitions of "show stopper" at
next month's admin meeting.

> The other option, if no other show-stoppers come up, is to wuickly push
> rc1 as final, and prep for 5.6.1.1 or 5.6.2 almost immediately.

Rather than that, it would be more sensible to roll rc2.
(If this problem is sufficient to trigger a minor minor release,
then it's definitely sufficient to trigger another RC)

Dave