> On 22 Dec 2015, at 14:07, Acee Lindem (acee) <a...@cisco.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Lada,
>
> On 12/22/15, 7:25 AM, "Ladislav Lhotka" <lho...@nic.cz> wrote:
>
>> Hi Acee,
>>
>>> On 22 Dec 2015, at 13:03, Acee Lindem (acee) <a...@cisco.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Jurgen, Lada,

>>> This should be obvious - the OSPF and IS-IS WG are not going to publish
>>> YANG models that don’t meet the ops-state requirements. Why would we
>>
>> Can you please explain what specific ops-state requirements aren't met in
>> those modules? I am interested because the same problem may possibly be
>> present in our ietf-routing module.
>
> That’s easy - the requirements as stated in
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-opstate-reqs/
>
> We could go back and reorganize the IGP models and add separate leaves for
> intended and applied config and meet these requirements. However, if we

OK, so you probably already have a solution for implementing intended and
applied configuration. In my view, since intended and applied configuration
have identical schemas (Requirement 1C), there is no reason for repeating any
leaves in the data model.

> conclude on a more elegant solution, it would be great to avail ourselves
> to that solution.

I don't know whether it is more elegant but certainly a possible solution is to
have a separate datastore for applied configuration and use the same data model
(config true part) for both intended and applied configuration.

Lada

--
Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C