Hi,

Kent Watsen <kwat...@juniper.net> writes:

> Thank you all for the important discussion since the completion of WGLC on
> Nov 6th.
>
> Per normal process, drafts typically progress once LC comments are
> address unless significant faults are found.  Post LC comments have
> been made, which needed consideration, notably the relationship with
> NMDA and rfc7895bis and an alternate representation of inline schema.
> These have been considered respecting their impact on the last call
> consensus and it is the position of the chairs that it is best to
> advance the existing schema-mount document at this time.

I guess I have no chance but strongly object to this. Is it normal to
proceed this way without reaching WG consensus and against the will of
*both* document authors?

> Given that there are significant concerns for how the solution
> proposed in this draft operates with NMDA, we do think it reasonable
> to add an applicability statement to the draft that covers its
> operation in NMDA implementations. We do not believe that such a
> statement substantively alters the draft nor would it impact drafts
> that normatively reference the current draft.
>
> In addition to resolving the remaining open thread [1],

Hmm, who resolved this thread? Lou proposed some text and nobody
expressed any agreement with it. In fact, I believe it is nothing more
than hand-waving.

I must say that the work on this draft was very frustrating for me. Even
more than on RFC 8022, and this tells you something.

Lada

> we also agree
> with the recently made comment that the schema mount draft should
> allow the use of rfc7895bis (i.e., not reference /modules-state),
> thereby enabling the draft's use (though not ideal) on servers
> supporting rfc7895bis.
>
> The chairs will propose specific text for the updates mentioned in this
> message to be reviewed by the WG for correctness before final submission and
> advancement.
>
> [1] https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/netmod/current/msg20049.html
>
> Thanks,
> Kent, Lou, and Joel