On 2 Apr 2010 Jim Nagel wrote:

> why is it that i can copy a URL (as a bit of text) out of an
> Impression document and paste it into Edit, Datapower, Techwriter, and
> various other apps, but i can't paste it into Netsurf's URL bar?

> i can, however, paste it into the Google search box on the Netsurf
> default page.

> if i paste it into Edit, then copy it from there, i CAN paste it into
> Netsurf's URL bar.

> any explanation for the curious phenomenon?

Netsurf is very picky. When you copy text to the clipboard the file
ty[e is copued with it. Netsurf will only accept text, which is a damn
nuisance since if you're copying a URL it's highly likely to come out
of an html page or file. If you paste the text into Edit, and it stays
a Text file then you can copy and paste or save it from there. It
helps to type a random character into the Edit window first so it sets
the filetype to text.

There are similar nasties if you try to paste text into a textarea.
It's quite likely to be rendered as a new page.

I would suggest a feature request if there isn't one there already.
Are we going to get a new version of Netsurf or is it stuck
permanently at 09 Jan?

--
Richard Porter                        http://www.minijem.plus.com/
                                      mailto:r...@minijem.plus.com