On 6 Apr 2010 Jim Nagel wrote:

> to repeat: the bit of text copied out of Impression with Ctrl-C
> carries filetype TEXT, not Impdoc.  (correct me if i'm wrong.  i come
> to this conclusion by pasting by bit into a blank Edit page, which
> takes on filetype Text.  if you paste something of another type into a
> blank Edit page and then save, Edit assigns it that filetype.)

Copy a url from a CSV file opened in Edit, paste into a new Edit
window and it retains file type CSV, but copy straight from Schema 2
and it's changed to Text. Copy a URL off a browser window and it's
type Text, but view the source and copy the same URL and it's HTML.
You can't paste HTML into the URL bar.

It appears that the clipboard retains the file type of a source file
that was opened in Edit, but if you copy text straight from an
application window and it's likely to be type Text. Only type Text can
be pasted into a writable icon. I assume Oregano does its own
processing of the URL bar.

What I said earlier was that if I changed the file type to ImpDoc in
Edit, then I couldn't copy and paste it into Netsurf's URL bar.

--
Richard Porter                        http://www.minijem.plus.com/
                                      mailto:r...@minijem.plus.com