Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 20:33:36 MYT-8
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Nettamer and Onelist/egroups
On 24 Apr 00 at 18:22, Nettamer List wrote:
> As some of you may know, Onelist and Egroups have emerged. My
> question is, when I try to sign into egroups to configure my account,
> why does either Nettamer or the website not let me enter my full email
> address it lets me enter everything but the last two letters. such as:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> instead of:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Nettamer, unlike most graphical browsers doesn't scroll input fields when
you want to type more text in than the size permits.
There is a rather cumbersom workaround. Here is what happens:
After nettamer downloads the HTML file, it parses the file and creates
another temp file with the HTML decoded. This file has the extension of
.t$$
An example of how the input fields are represented is:
Given Name: <a>__________
Family Name: <b>__________
Near the bottom of this file is the following:
--END OF FILE--
<FORM=2a47ef6f.@01>
<INPUT=01/01 >
<INPUT=01/02 >
Notice that the number of blank spaces before the trailing ">" is the
width that Nettamer uses. What I do is (while nettamer is still running
and on that webpage) to use a ascii editor to edit this file and change
the last two lines to:
<INPUT=01/01 >
<INPUT=01/02 >
To make nettamer redisplay this page, I select any link on that page
which goes to another page (for example the link to a help file), then
immediately use the left arrow key to go to the previous page. Nettamer
won't download the page again but reuses the parsed temp file (which I
have just edited). This time the input fields have magically expanded:
Given Name: <a>____________________________________
Family Name: <b>____________________________________
Of course I am running Desqview so I can run Nettamer in one DV session
and a ASCII editor in another so this works for me.
Philip
---=====================================================================---
Philip Chee: Tasek Corporation Bhd, P.O.Box 254, 30908 Ipoh, MALAYSIA
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Voice:+60-5-545-1011 Fax:+60-5-547-3932
Guard us from the she-wolf and the wolf, and guard us from the thief,
oh Night, and so be good for us to pass.
********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************